Don,

I didn't have the radio hooked up with a key yet, and this guy knew that, so
he was just pulling my leg.  I knew he'd be listening at that time of night
to our two meter repeater frequency so I got up and went and talked to him
on 2 meters.  He was laughing big time when he answered knowing, if I heard
it by chance like that, I'd run and call him on 2 meters.  It really did a
number on me trying to figure out what was happening, and as you said, if I
should even answer him or not.  I'm hooked up on CW now so I can answer him
if he pulls that again.

Phil.