The sound card that VPC 2007 emulates is a sound blaster SB16. As you found out Windows 2003 does not have these drivers installed. You will have to copy the SB16 drivers from a Windows XP installation. The XP drivers will work and they can be found in the drivers.cab files on any XP computer.

Hth

Frank Ventura, MCP

From: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Charles Black
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 8:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VICUG-L] Virtual Machine Question:

I have Microsoft Virtual Machine 2007 inside of Windows XP.  I am running windows server 2003, Web edition, inside the virtual server.  I am trying to figure out how to get JAWS to work inside of the virtual machine.  I recognize that there are no sound drivers.  The sound drivers I currently have are for the windows xp system.  Infact, I believe those came with Windows xp.  How can I identify the type of card I have in the system, programmatically, and where would I find the correct drivers for my sound card and the windows server 2003, web edition.  If anyone has the answers, pass them on please.

Charles E. Black
4127 Pinehaven Ct.
Columbia, SC  29205
Phone:  (803) 790-5586
Cell:   (803) 201-0499
Email:  [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

Leave list: [log in to unmask]

VICUG-L is archived on the World Wide Web at http://listserv.i cors.or g/archives/vicug-l.html

Send questions on list operation to [log in to unmask] No virus found in this incoming message.