From: The listserv where the buildings do the talking <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu Jan 22 08:16:00 2009
Subject: Re: [BP] deep in the strata of texas

In a message dated 1/22/2009 2:00:26 AM Central Standard Time,

        How many of you would feel confident about identifying "French" vs.
        "Texas" limestone?  Christopher=

Big difference .. first of all the technological time period and the countrys transportation should give it away
second of all Texas limestone would not have held up to the NYC winter
where as certain French would
then for me is the color difference and the shell size; The French Calcare have small crinoids
(don't go there Ralph) and the Texas shell is larger and meybe differnt shell and time period all together
and a dollar to doughnuts would be the cost .. lets just say they were quarrying this stuff in Texas during this time period;
I will bet it was cheaper to ship a ton of dimensional stone from Le Harve to NYC  all cut to size than it was from Texas  then  to a cutting yard (in god knows where)  then shipped again considering the infrastructure below the mason dixon and especially in Texas  at that time  ...and considering the economy it still might be cheaper  Py

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=DecemailfooterNO62)
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html