Thanks for all of your responses to the above. They follow:

Fleets enema

rhubarb; rice cakes work wonders. *I eat 8 a day; ground flax meal is
another excellent one.......I use a couple tablespoons/day.  can put
into cereal, juice

Can you eat prunes?  They are good either eating cold from the
package, or stew so you can have the juice.  Also, eating a fresh
orange every morning is good, if you can eat citrus.  Drinking the
juice is not the same effect.  Konsyl is GF if you can take that -
like Metamucil but more natural.  Also drink lots of water.  Raw
vegetables are also better to get fiber than cooked ones.  In a
severe case you could use a suppository or Fleet Enema, but I would
do that as a last resort.

carrots, green beans, legumes, Acacia fiber (http://
www.helpforibs.com/shop/); extra fiber if you drink coffee or tea
which pull water from your system; lots of veggies even at breakfast

My celiac daughter has done well with Miralax--she took half a cap
for about a week.Also ex-lax is good, magnesium injections,
Acaciafiber, or taking 1 pepto bismal tabletwith a top of the line
acidophilous capsule like Natren. Constipation is usually linked to
poor colon contraction and/or other food intolerances.

I would suggest magnesium aspartate.  I buy the Bluebonnet Magnesium
400mg 100 Vcaps from Whole Foods in Texas.
www.bluebonnetnutrition.com    The bottle says:  Free of milk, egg,
fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soybeans.
Also free of corn, yeast, gluten, barley, rice, sodium and sugar.
The side effect of too much magnesium is diarrhea.

Peter Gillham's Natural Calm.  You can buy it at Whole Foods.  It's
natural, magnesium citrate, no other ingredients.

What about trying the probiotics along with prebiotics..I use Jarro-
Dophilus at night..and use chia seeds mixed with Kefir or natural
yogurt in the morning...I eat lots of beans and cooking greens..and I
drink a lot of special filtered water..Lots of it..AS you must
already know bottled water and even Brita water is not all that
safe...Raw fruits such a plums do the job as does having my own
stewed dried fruits.

Ground flax seed and/or chia seeds (Salba

Exercise, walking, plain cup hot water in morning

I take 250 mg. of magnesium once a day.