this contributor on my blog has high regard for Buba. I don't know Buba's track records in government, my admiration of him stops at the political campaign field.
--- On Sat, 18/10/08, Anonymous <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
From: Anonymous <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [SUNTOUMANA] New comment on Voting patterns in the Gambia 2.
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Saturday, 18 October, 2008, 3:06 AM

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Voting patterns in the Gambia 2":

Hello Suntou,
I find your piece on Buba Baldeh very interesting indeed. One thing i agree with you is that current politicians in The Gambia could learn a lot from B.M. Baldeh's style of politics because he was really a man of the people.He was always humble and ready to help any Gambian no matter your race or tribe. Suntou, I can assure you that the Gambia has not produce yet another politician like Buba Baldeh. The guy was unique and exceptional in his style of politics. Buba not only made promises but delivered what was expected from him by his constituents and fellow Gambians. Even when he was a Minister, he would stop his car on the way to work to give students and strangers alike ride. No wonder even Jammeh's commission of enquiry found no evidence whatsoever of abuse of office or corruption during his tenure as Minister. Suntou, I have work closely with Buba and I can assure you if he had formed his own political party after the coup, he would have beat Jammeh in a free and fair election. The guy is truly a genuis in Politics. There is no Gambian politician equal to him or that can captivate people like Bubacarr Baldeh. It is sad though that all these people are no longer in the Gambia because Jammeh doesn't like to see any popular person around him. On the other hand, I think Buba who should be in his mid-fifties, can still contend in politics if there is a fair level of playing. Buba is not yet even Sixty so i see no reason why he still can't run for elections in the Gambia if Jammeh allows him to return, which I doubt highly. Anyway, thank you brother Suntou...I just thought i could share with you a little on my favourite Politician, Buba Baldeh. God bless Gambia and all Muslims. Peace.
B. Njie.

Posted by Anonymous to SUNTOUMANA at 17 October 2008 19:06