OOOps! Operator error. The "new" hard drive had an old copy of XP on it and
the reinstallation kept the original domain.  Another really clean drive
installed just fine. Sorry!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 8:34 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] password!

I am working on a computer that was badly comtaminated with spyware and XP
Virus Protector. I installed a new hard drive and installed XP.  When it
loads windows, it asks for a password, but I have never entered one.  I have
used a utility to eliminate the password, looks successful, but still asks
for a password.  Must be something coming from the Asus BIOS, but I can't
figure out how to login. The message I get when I click on the pasword, is:
"The system cannot log you on due to the following error:
The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. Please
try again or consult your system administrator."  How can I get around this
problem?

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads