In a message dated 9/8/2008 8:50:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

... Py  ....Ps  dear sir ....Ive seen Robert Frosts two holer ; and for my money its not worth a sit  .....hokey WPA claptrap made after his 1912 winter there ; I say dig deeper for the real stuff .
Well, Mister Know-It-All, phooey on you from Lake Woebegone, house was in private hands, rundown, no improvements, after Frost left in 1911 until state acquired in 1965.   For 1940s-1960s it was an automobilegraveyard, very unlikely any improvements made at all, let alone FDR's pinko WPA fellow-travelers.  So there Mr. Right Wing-OReilly-Watching, caribou-killing, pit-bull hugging, hockey-dad.  Hah.  And btw this country began going to hell when we admitted Alaska into the Union, which really screwed up the arrangement of the stars on the flag (unless Hawaii came first, in which case it's their fault).

But, speaking of lipstick, went by the FLW's Guggenheim this morning, noticed:

1.   No expansion joints.  Why don't you need a couple of those exquisite, artistic expansion joints in a "solid", thermally-expansive, 190 foot run of masonry?    They've got 'em every eight feet or so in the sidewalk.

2.    Short white fibers were mixed in with concrete being set for sidewalk. Eloquent construction guy says "they're fibers".   None evident in prior sidewalk, simultaneously being ripped up.  Wassup wid dat?

Truly yours,  Guy Noirish

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html