In a message dated 9/9/2008 2:00:17 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> 2.   Short white fibers were mixed in with concrete  being set for
> sidewalk.
> Eloquent construction guy says  "they're fibers".   None evident in prior
> sidewalk,  simultaneously being ripped up.  Wassup wid dat?

glass or styrene fibers are the new choise for textile strength in slab
repair as they prevent cracking from shrinkage

and I do not think the smooth curve of the Guggenheim IS traditional concrete

like the sidewalk ....there was a good artcle on it sometime back  Py

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the
latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.