Karen Carter 74'

From: Cecily Ballenger <[log in to unmask]>

I know that there are two requests here, but the one I’m particularly asking you to pray about is the big one below regarding a fire in Montana that they can’t put out. Thanks.

Please pray for Kelly Coy, Joyce Schuler’s daughter and Mark Jones niece.  She was in a golf cart accident yesterday.  She is in the hospital in very serious condition due to a lacerated liver.  Pray for the bleeding to stop and her liver to repair its self quickly.  The family was golfing together and the daughter was driving the cart when it flipped over and landed on Kelly, pray that the daughter not feel guilty but feels the grace of God.  Pray that this trial brings the family closer together than ever before!

Also pray for Susan Jones mother and step dad as their home in Montana is VERY near where they live.  Here is a quote from my mother’s last email.

We have a local fire that is VERY bad.  It has burned 7000 acres since Saturday.  It is right over the back of the Red Lodge Mountain, in the West Fork Valley and westward into the Beartooths, about 5-7 miles from downtown Red Lodge.  Many of our friends and pastor have been put on alert for evacuation.  Up until just recently the wind has been generally out of the east, and very mild, blowing the fire away from R.L., but the governor was just on the radio saying it seems to be shifting to out of the west, and the people who have been alerted need to be ready to leave if asked.  They are saying it is the hottest and fastest moving fire they've had in the area in decades.  The gov. said it is a very dangerous fire.  So far we (Don and I) are not in any danger at all, but we've had a lot of ash falling on our car and yard.  (Thank God for the metal roof!!)  There are over 100 firefighters at work, and they have fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters dropping water and retardant, but the
 gov. said "This is a fire we are not going to be able to put out."  It is in "rough country", and they can't get close enough to try to put it out.  He also said it is the worst fire in this part of the country at the present time.  One of my friends has been evacuated (they evacuated all the houses near the ski resort on Sunday), and they told her not to expect to get back into her house until the snow falls.   This morning I saw the Red Cross Disaster Relief truck setting up in the Middle School, in the center of town.  That really got to me!!!  We just came home from the Cascade Fire Public Meeting this a.m. in Red Lodge.  The projection for the future doesn't look good.  The weather forecast for today is winds out of the west (toward town from the fire), with thunderstorms this afternoon and evening, with more of the same tomorrow with higher winds.   They plan on evacuating everyone from the fire line to the edge of town by this evening.

Thank you for lifting these needs up to the Lord.

I will keep you updated.

Blessings,
Susan Jones