Hi all,

I had something really bizarre happen to me today.  I was using my =

computer and had to leave so I left the computer on for a couple hours.  =

I came back and was going to work on a few things on the computer such =

as getting to the bottom of a message that had been coming up that said =

there was a licensing problem with norton internet security.  I brought =

up a page that had the list of steps that I needed to take to take care =

of this and this was in internet explorer.  I was working fine, but in =

the middle of this process I noticed all of a sudden that my desktop =

icon for internet explorer was gone completely.  I started to panic and =

went into add and remove programs and it isn't there either.  I went =

into an email message and was able to bring up internet explorer and =

everything was ok.  I don't know how that happened because I would have =

had to say ok that I wanted to delete it if I accidentally hit the =

delete key.  Explorer isn't in the recycle bin either.  I had to go to =

the start menu, p for programs, and then I arrowed down to internet =

explorer.  I couldn't remember how to create a shortcut again, but I =

played around with it and clicked the left or right mouse buttons while =

on the name and it didn't do anything.  Then now I noticed that after =

doing that a couple of times trying to figure out how to do the shortcut =

now it says internet explorer 2 I.  I am apparently really screwing =

things up so I think I will turn everything off for tonight before I =

mess things up beyond repair.

Can anyone tell me the steps with windows xp and internet explorer 7 how =

to create a shortcut for the desk

top?  Also, does anyone have any idea =

why it says internet explorer 2 I now in the list?  How is it still on =

my computer if it isn't in add or remove programs or the desktop and if =

I ever wanted to remove it for any reason how can I do it when it isn't =

in that list any more?  That is just pretty bizarre.  If anyone can help =

with any of these things I would really appreciate it.  Thanks very much =

in advance.

Lisa

    ------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C8E60C.E9A686E0

charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML><HEAD>

charset=3Diso-8859-1">

<STYLE></STYLE>

</HEAD>

<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi all,</FONT></DIV>

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I had something really bizarre happen =

to me=20

today.&nbsp; I was using my computer and had to leave so I left the =

computer on=20

for a couple hours.&nbsp; I came back and was going to work on a few =

things on=20

the computer such as getting to the bottom of a message that had been =

coming up=20

that said there was a licensing problem with norton internet =

security.&nbsp; I=20

brought up a page that had the list of steps that I needed to take to =

take care=20

of this and this was in internet explorer.&nbsp; I was working fine, but =

in the=20

middle of this process I noticed all of a sudden that my desktop icon =

for=20

internet explorer was gone completely.&nbsp; I started to panic and went =

into=20

add and remove programs and it isn't there either.&nbsp; I went into an =

email=20

message and was able to bring up internet explorer and everything was =

ok.&nbsp;=20

I don't know how that happened because I would have had to say ok that I =

wanted=20

to delete it if I accidentally hit the delete key.&nbsp; Explorer isn't =

in the=20

recycle bin either.&nbsp; I had to go to the start menu, p for programs, =

and=20

then I arrowed down to internet explorer.&nbsp; I couldn't remember how =

to=20

create a shortcut again, but I played around with it and clicked the =

left or=20

right mouse buttons while on the name and it didn't do anything.&nbsp; =

Then now=20

I noticed that after doing that a couple of times trying to figure out =

how to do=20

the shortcut now it says internet explorer 2 I.&nbsp; I am apparently =

really=20

screwing things up so I think I will turn everything off for tonight =

before I=20

mess things up beyond repair.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Can anyone tell me the steps with =

windows xp and=20

internet explorer 7 how to create a shortcut for the desktop?&nbsp; =

Also, does=20

anyone have any idea why it says internet explorer 2 I now in the =

list?&nbsp;=20

How is it still on my computer if it isn't in add or remove programs or =

the=20

desktop and if I ever wanted to remove it for any reason how can I do it =

when it=20

isn't in that list any more?&nbsp; That is just pretty bizarre.&nbsp; If =

anyone=20

can help with any of these things I would really appreciate it.&nbsp; =

Thanks=20

very much in advance.</FONT></DIV>

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Lisa</FONT></DIV>

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C8E60C.E9A686E0--

Leave list: [log in to unmask]

VICUG-L is archived on the World Wide Web at http://listserv.i cors.or g/archives/vicug-l.html

Send questions on list operation to [log in to unmask]