Inci Willard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  A corn diet can also give a cow acidosis. Unlike that in our own highly
acidic stomachs, the normal pH of a rumen is neutral. Corn makes it
unnaturally acidic, however, causing a kind of bovine heartburn, which in
some cases can kill the animal but usually just makes it sick.<<<<<

I read some years back that the largest consumer of antacid, which I will leave un-named, is the corporate farming community.  Oliva

"The human mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."
  Oliver W.Holmes