Ray and All,

I guess sometimes, we forget that there are folks out there who haven't been introduced to the world of accessibility.  Nice that they found you to ask, Ray.  I haven't read all the posts, but if this has already been mentioned, just delete, please.  There are some things out there that help everyone, including the blind and visually impaired.

One program that I found and downloaded free that may help this issue is called "Virtual magnifying Glass".  Again this is a free download.  It has several differerent size and shapes and can be placed on your desktop for easy use.  Just use it and click to put it back on the desktop and click on it to use it the next time.  It is moved around on the page as you desire, similar to a hand-held magnifying glass.  Try it and see if it may help.

  http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/

Best,

Max in SC
-------------- Original message from Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>: --------------

> Hello All:
>
> One of my clients who has a 92-year-old mom told me the computer is her
> mom's world. However, even with the computer and 22-inch monitor her
> mom has, the screen is not large enough. We were wondering if there is
> a way to connect a computer to a larger screen, such as a large screen
> TV to get more screen size for reading? I did suggest looking at screen
> readers as well. These folks are in the Atlanta area so I did encourage
> them to take a look for places in that area where they could see various
> pieces of adaptive technology. I am just wondering if anyone has other
> suggestions to help this lady.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ray Campbell, Hel p Desk Technician
> Adaptive Technology Center
> Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
> 1850 W. Roosevelt Road
> Chicago, IL 60608
> 312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
> 888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)
> AIM Screen Name: tclhelp

> Archived on the World Wide Web at
> http://listserv.icors.org/archives/vicug-l.html
> Signoff: [log in to unmask]
> Subscribe: [log in to unmask]

Leave list: [log in to unmask]

VICUG-L is archived on the World Wide Web at http://listserv.i cors.or g/archives/vicug-l.html

Send questions on list operation to [log in to unmask]