[log in to unmask] wrote:
> *I don't _think_ BBH was abrasive blasted.  I remember looking
> into some sort of blasting process (using crushed walnut shells and
> crushed Clorox bottles) and  both were rejected for fear of
> discoloring the stone.  I don't remember discussion of glass beads as
> blasting media.  The Ottavinos wanted to grind the entire building
> down by 1/8", but nobody bought that, either.
> *
Dear HC,

I was the one executed a series of test mock-ups. It was selected glass
beads, very small glass beads. Entire building was treated the following
year season by Ottavino. It was all kept kinda hush-hush as at that time
abrasive blasting was a taboo subject... predates micro-abrasive
low-pressure masonry cleaning procedures. I am not sure if you were
still there, or not.

][<

--
Orgrease-Crankbait <http://orgrease-crankbait.blogspot.com/> Video,
audio, writings, words, spoken word, dialogs, graphic collage and the