Cutting wood can be dangerous, the saw doesn't pay any attention to whether it cuts wood or male or female flesh.  But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't cut the trees that you need and own.  The statement that presumes that only a professional should cut trees is offensive.

I once knew a woman who owned a farm in Chase, MD.  That's where the Amtrak crashed about 15-20 years ago and the location of the masonry sand pit for Harry T. Campbell's (Sakrete).  She had one arm; lost the other when she lost control of her chainsaw while bucking some firewood.  She bound the stump, started the tractor, and drove to Baltimore city hospitals to get it sewn up.  That's about 25 miles, first west on Rt. 40, then west on Eastern Avenue.  I believe it took her about 4 hours to get there.  This happened sometime in the 1950's.

S. J. Stokowski, Jr.
Stone Products Consultants
1058 Sodom Rd., Bldg. 2
Westport, MA 02790
508-881-6364
www.members.aol.com/crushstone/

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html