[log in to unmask] wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
The deck at the South Street Seaport Museum is of IPE, go take a look. Great PIA factor for installing. The contractor will curse you and ask for an alt.

We spec'd IPE for a deck project a few years back  and were warned by a wood supplier that when you spec it, you do not necessarily end up with it, even though the lumber stacks are marked IPE. The middle men tend to play games with the species at this point, to make endangered woods something else, and to turn some "lesser" woods into something they ain't.
Good point.
I can feel it in my blood that there will be curses.

][<
--
Orgrease-Crankbait Video, audio, writings, words, spoken word, dialogs, graphic collage and the art of fiction in language and literature.

-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html