In a message dated 12/14/2007 7:30:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

Ralph,

We used a lead encapsulant paint, can’t remember the brand, in 2000, it dried at something like eleven mil.’s.  We painted over brick that had been painted for years, the new paint started peeling badly in one year – big rubbery swatches.  Then the kids started picking and peeling, so the entrance had to be closed off.  We ended up chemically stripping everything off down to brick.  What a surprise. Needless to say, the process was not a cost saver for the client, and certainly not lead safe. Ditto

Nevertheless, quite a few of the two and three family affordable housing projects in New Haven have been using lead encapsulant coatings for the last few years.  It looks much thinner than the stuff we used.  The contractors wet scrape and then apply.  So I am watching. Let us know.

Best,            And to you, too

Leland                 Ralph

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html