(ask any dog )
but The two best sidewalks I know are the old  worn ; gnarled and well oiled stained patina granite walks (large pavers ) of  SO HO .....right up there with any Jackson Pollock  the moma has ...and I understand they are slowly being replaced
and then of course there are the  thick blue slate sidewalks of my youth  which I litererally cut my eye teeth on; (and no you don't want to  go there )  not in my little  red wagon anyway .
Tradionaly the deep south never had sidewalks ; they had what you call boardwalks (see errol Flynn Dodge City ) where you step in ankle deep mud  crossing the street and track it in everywhere you went along  the boardwalks that you hitched horses and wagons to .....signed..." the town ain't big enough fer you and me "    PY

See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004) -- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html