I must have missed the problem in the host of posts that followed it.  Chemical hybrids?  I’m disturbingly intrigued.

From: plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 2:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BP] BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Digest - 28 Dec 2007 to 29 Dec 2007 (#2007-283)

In a message dated 12/29/2007 2:00:15 AM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

Occasionally I had questions he could not
answer right off. I can picture it now, as he would reach up over my
shoulder to the bookshelf above the bench saying, "let's just check
Audels on that." Audel's Carpenter's and Builder's Guide
"Where do we seek knowledge .....In the East "

Audel's was written by Masonic operatives (Free masons who actually do the work)

I have the  Audel's set on masonry and find it very useful; the other "Bibles " I have are John Ashersts work for British Heritage and Eckel's masterwork on Cements limes and plasters 1905;  there are obviously more (Modern Masonry, London  1926)
is useful for creating stonework for Cathedral building or seeing how frieze work holds together; then there are a host of cement books from the 30's to the 60's that give you an idea about the chemical hybrid uses that may explain some of the problems you are looking at ......my guess is Mike E and John Walsh has a host of these.
My favorie libraries are the Vatican  where the archives were  kept; but on the American side there was a Mobile architect of the 20 "s  (Rogers) who built the Springhill university library  (Neo classical Greek, with peaked  tile roof) one huge upper level room with 25ft ceilings; decorated in charcoal feathered stucco to mimic a type of travertine ; a neatly laid out huge mahogany  book cases; with the archives being even higher to reach on ladders.
He also built Mobile public libray 1939 ,  light colored terrazzo floors, well lit, well laid out rooms in heavy plaster  that made incredible use of light and space to hold the books  and to read by (now sadly added on to in 2005).and lastly Rogers grand Egyptian Masonic hall ; a great edifice of   middle eastern architecture in poured white concrete with two enormous Sphinx's guarding the initiate portal and doorway inspired more by Valentino and Hollywood than by anything you would see in Kartoum ;but wonderful none the less .
Lastly my all time favorite library is one found here on a rurual plantation in  Mississippi  where a local doctor  built one of  his  design in an octangal cupola or dovecote  shape in the 1870's ;
and found by me more or less as he left it ;
with 10ft high book cases laid out like the spokes of a wheel ;
  one french wndow facing north light ; a  central latern above ,  a fire place , a desk , and a comphy  fainting couch for his female  patients ......signed it only tickles when you touch me   Py

See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)

-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html