In a message dated 11/17/2007 2:00:21 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> My dad was a test pilot
> for the B-17s, B-22s and P-38s that came off the WWII production lines
> at Offit Air Field near Omaha.

Great story John ...a keeper ......My Dad flew B17" s but dosn't talk about
them much ..he is 87   when asked once if he had ever been to Germany
 he dryly quips "a few times just to fly over  "
  My Grandfather from new Orleans was an aviation reporter and witnessed
Lingbergs flight as well as the crash of the Hidenburg over Lakehurst ;somehere we
have black and whites of the Spirit of St. Louis and of the famous pratt and
Whitney engine being worked on  ...I understand the crate they shiped the
plane back in from France is someones cabin in maine , and since were talking
story my other grandfather was in the famed Liberty squadrian stationed in France
and is credited with one kill , He once had to force land in no mans land
after a horric battle before any of the dead were removed  which owed to him also
to never say much
Lastly my older  brother still carries the tradition
at one time he owned two Steerman bi planes and now has a cessna 1951 "Bird
dog " big  glass cockpit  observation plane ...me? I don't even like elevators
and the only banking I do is hopefully on Fridays Py

 See what's new at http://www.aol.com