I had been reading in previous messages that some people who took cholestyramine (which was prescribed for me after gall bladder surgery) indicated they were taking the medication in the evening or at night but I had always taken it in the mid-morning.  Since I changed my habit and started taking it in the evening I have found that I don't have the dreaded diarrhea every third day.  My thanks to whoever mentioned that they took it in the evening, because now I'm beginning to feel normal again.  No diarrhea!