Dear Listmates,

My recently diagnosed Celiac son is likely to be invited to many social events
in the next couple of years both of close friends whose parents I know and
other acquaintances who I don't know at all.

He is fine with not eating at these events, rather he will eat beforehand and
maybe, in some cases, take a snack with him.    My inclination is to advise the
hosts not to waste money on paying for his meal knowing how expensive
these events are but I don't want to offend.

I was wondering what other listmates have done both in the case of close
friends (and relatives) who are likely to try and make accomodations and
those who I really don't know at all.

Thanks for all responses, I will summarize.

Lisa
Toronto, Ontario