From: Edison Coatings <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:54 am
Subject: [BP] None of the Above
To: [log in to unmask]

> While the option to vote "none of the above" has a certain
> appeal, I have to express doubts that it would actually
> be meaningful. Half the electorate votes "none of the above" by
> being absent on election day every year. Having spent the better
> part of several weekends knocking on doors last Fall for a local
> Congressional candidate, I came to the conclusion that these
> absent voters probably shouldn't vote, because they knew nothing
> and cared less.
>
> When I resided in Switzerland, briefly, many years ago, they had
> elections to decide major issues on a nearly monthly basis.
> Voting was mandatory, and failure to do so was punishable by
> fine. They got 95% turnout. Now those people could have used a
> "none of the above" option.
>
> Mike E

Brian Scott Robinson, MHP
Professor
Savannah College of Art and Design
School of Building Arts
Historic Preservation Department
P.O. Box 3146
Savannah, GA 31402

912 525 6940 office (Tues/Thurs)
912 262 2650 home (students emergency only)

-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html