>Subject: [BP] Survey results
>I had a 19 year old sophomore ask me in class today,
>"Who was Nelson Mandela?" I was so shocked I must
> have made her feel like an idiot with my reply

Last summer, along with my 25ish university fine arts student assistant, I was creating a museum exhibit about the history of the Masonic Order in our region.   One of the info sheets supplied by the Masons listed famous people who were Masons.   Noticing some familiar names, I enthusiastically exclaimed "Hey, Roy Rogers was a Mason!"   She just looked up blankly and said, "Who is Roy Rogers?"    When I pointed out that he was from the same ilk as Hopalong Cassidy, and that you were either a Roy Rogers fan like me or a Hoppy fan like my brother, she again said, blank-faced, "So who is Hopalong Cassidy?"

I was the one shocked, not her.

Generational Shock !   Suddenly the personal closeness we had been experiencing as co-workers and co-designers of the exhibit was shattered by a paradigm shift.

Made grey hair want to grow on my head.

cp elder in bc