Brian,

We have worked on the aftermath of 2 films that actually damaged historic buildings, and yes, the film company finishers are very good. In the first case fake bullet pops inadvertently popped the limestone on an historic church. Oops. Nice patching work, though.

The second one was more interesting. An historic 4-story terra cotta building with a 1960's ugly 1st floor glass/aluminum storefront was intentionally destroyed by crashing 3 humvees through it. In return for the privilege of trashing the trashy part of the building, the film company restored the rest of it.

Mike E

-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html