1840's antebellum single family home ;
central hallway "discovered" to have original plaster and detail ;
owner asking the itenerate stone mason
already working on historic chimblys  "to consolidate "
said plaster substrate in hallway only ...to insure its longevity and to save its 1840 stencil of festoons and leaf ...

This can be done by injections (acrylic or  lime )or by getting to the back
from the other side of the wall which is sacrificial and possible ..the wood .lathe however looks extreamly tight .
since there is so much snake oil systems out there
looking for a pin -head  who may have knowledge of same subject
willing to get plastered and  call me before I put natural cement over the whole thing ........ Py.....

See what's free at http://www.aol.com. -- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html