Ken--

This has all the makings of a sit-com! One of my favorites (no damage however) was when we "hired" Jan's son to draw some sketches of the cornice at 32 E 64th St - Kitty Carlisle Hart lived there -we called it Kitty's Cornice. He did the drawings on a Friday. When I went to the site on Monday I spied the 6 beer cans he had balanced at THE EDGE OF THE CORNICE. Seems he was doing more drinking than drawing. I can't believe they didn't end up in someone's skull...

Tw.

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [BP] Persistence in Specifications was Paint Question

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I won't go on about the time we painted the cast iron
> facade the wrong color.
>
> K- The thing I love about paint color is that it is generally the > easiest thing to change...
> > Tw.

Tw,

It was so easy to change that the client thought I musta been cheaten them for the money from the beginning.

That was also the job where the welder was welding on the fire escape while the painter (Sammy) was on the ladder with a gallon of incorrectly 'pinkish' paint. A spark jumped down and lit the can of paint on fire. Sammy dropped it, of course, and it hit the granite sidewalk, flaming up as it flowed towards the gutter of the cobble street. I was not there at the time but saw the result and heard all about it. I am still confounded, it was like asking the kids which one of them broke the deacon's window with the baseball.

][<en

--