From: "Gordon Totty" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Hibernation

What is the difference between "Hibernate" and "Stand By"?  Are they just
two names for the same thing?  I am using Windows XP Professional and I use
Stand By all the time with no ill effects.  My current desk top computer has
no apparent hibernation mode, but I have seen it as an option on some
machines.  Does it vary by OS?

Gordon Totty

                       http://freepctech.com/rode

                       http://freepctech.com/rode