In a message dated 7/26/2006 12:46:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

in 1944 Margaret Truman christened the  battleship Missouri at the Brookyn
Navy Yard with "Missouri  champagne"

What makes me think that "Missouri Champagne" is a synonym for mule  piss?

Sign me,
Septic Skeptic

PS-- I was wondering only today exactly how it happened that FDR had the
good sense to choose Truman as his running mate in 44; who he told about  it, and
what he told them--including whoever had been his Veep  before.