Is it possible to provide a user with a disability a second username or
password so that they could log on a second time with the software thinking
it is a different person????????????

At 12:53 PM 7/19/2006, you wrote:
>Several public libraries in the Bay Area, California, are trying to find
>ways to allow patrons with disabilities more time on the computers with the
>authentication softwares we use. Many of us are using the Telus
>authentication program. So far, it seems that Telus can designate certain
>computers as AT computers and allow two hours daily on them, rather than
>one. Unfortunately, we're not aware of any way that Telus could allow the
>same workstation to be used in different ways on the same day. As far as we
>know, each workstation can only be configured in one way.
>But since some of our AT is on mixed-use computers, we are seeking a way to
>have a different patron code allowing more time, on any computer. As of now,
>Telus only works with station/machine type and not patron type, i.e. all or
>nothing.
>Anyone have any experience with this?
>Lynne Cutler
>Disability Services Advocate
>Oakland Public Library
>125 14th Street
>Oakland, CA 94612
>voicemail 510-238-4974
>
>---------------------------
>Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
>http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
>EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
>Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
>Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>  -> . . . . . . . . . <-

---------------------------------
EASI Online Events for August
EASI Course: Barrier-free E-learning (newly revised and upgraded)
http://easi.cc/workshop/bfel.htm

4-part Live Web Conference Series August 1, 8, 15, 22
Learning Disabilities and Adaptive Technology
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

EASI has 3 regular Podcasts:
http://easi.cc/podcasts/

Norman Coombs