Dorothy, I'm not sure what Wannadoo broadband is. If it is highspeed like DSL and cable, then go into your modem properties and make sure the box never make a dial up connection is checked. Then try that.There is no dial up connection when using high speed.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: dorothy Jones<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:48 AM
  Subject: [PCBUILD] Problems reconnecting to internet

  I have a problem reconnecting to the internet. I boot up, connect and everything is okay, but if I disconnect but leave my PC running, then try to reconnect I get all sorts of messages like "There is no dial tone" "Connection has failed" The only way I can go back online is to restart my PC.
  Can anyone explain what is happening and how to rectify the problem?
  I run Windows 98se and have loads of hard drive space and memory. I use Wanadoo Broadband with Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6 and my PC is protected by Trendmicro Pc-cillin.
  Thank you
  Dorothy Jones

                       support at our newest website:
                            http://freepctech.com<http://freepctech.com/>