In a message dated 3/1/2006 4:37:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
Wrong! Bronze is a copper/tin alloy - brass is a copper/zinc alloy - (no adultery) check out wikipedia - I love wikipedia
Many years ago I had a big discussion with a hardware consultant who knew all about this stuff about whether one should specify brass or bronze hardware.   His answer was that you'll get whatever alloy the manufacturer feels like fabricating, and there wasn't any significant difference between the two anyway.

Ralph
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html