Hugh,

The only thing that you may need to change in the router's interface is the connection type. Cable usually uses DHCP, also referred to as automatic in a Linksys router, and probably others as well. DSL, depends on the provider--some use PPPoE (Bellsouth), others use DHCP (Earthlink). If you are using this for DSL, I highly recommend a DSL router, such as the 2wire, Netopia, or Westell Versalink, because they have the modem and router in one unit, that's at least 1 less cord! More importantly, because it is just one device, your connection speed, in general, will be better. Also, most providers, cable or DSL, will not support a third-party router.

HTH,
Amy L

Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]> wrote: All other elements being equal, is there any difference in setting up a
router for Cable and  DSL?

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads

Thanks,

Amy Ledford