We have found  Best Choice yellow cake mixes to be okay.  They are not kosher, so we have been very careful and a little leary of them.  I haven't tried mixes from the health food stores because of the expense and because we are about an hour from any health food stores.  Perhaps it's time to try them.  I've been so pleased with Duncan Hines in the past that I hated to try anything else, too.  I guess that I am hoping that, if DH has enough positive pressure regarding the addition of dairy, DH might consider removing the "offending ingredient."  After all, they had delicious cake mixes as they were prepared!

Rene