Hi, in March my computer, PIII, 450MHz, 256B ram, Win98SE, crashed with the
blue screen. A tech person restored the system and all is working well
except the scanner. When ever I click the scanner icon to start up the
scanner, I get the message "please connect or switch on your scanner".
Before the crash, when I turned on the computer the scanner indicator light
would blink and then remain on. But now when I turn on the computer the
light blinks but then it doesn't stay on. The scanner is an Agfa Snapscan
1212, connected with a USB cable. I've changed the USB cable with no change.
Is there a way to check the USB port? Thanks.

Walt

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml