Young men wanted
A convoy of d-6’s cats and lowboys with huge tires emerged through the  woods
in a cloud of red clay dust .There they were met with d-35 and  65’s  graders
,haulers and Bull  dozers all assembled for shipment to the coast .
I spotted a man I knew and pulled my four wheeler ATV over to his rig and
idled the motor while clutching peanut with one arm on the front seat  .
“Whar y’all going “ I shouted over the din of all the engines.
The men were all sweating in the 90 deg heat ,filthy from  pulling rigs off
forestry jobs .There  cowboy work boots caked in mud We shouted to each other
over the  noise
“Were due on the coast Monday ,but I can’t get there till Weds …..;there  is
no place for anyone to stay .(a dozer ambles past)
"So were rigging 40 man trailers with cots allowing two showers and two
commodes  “ at either end …..were  hiring  men  who can work .
..wanna come ? “ he said grinning
I waved him off Im having trouble holding on to my own young guys
Everywhere it’s the same
Equipment busting loose for the coast .
Looking for young men
,raw labor ,roustabouts, chain haulers, torch guys ,drivers of heavy
equipment  tree men,roofers ,mason  tenders ,Black white, Chineese,and Spanish,
anybody that  can swing a pick and a shovel wanted .
To live in tent camps, eat from open  field kitchens , bath in the ocean ,
snore and sweat on the white pearl sands of the gulf of Mexico ,
Sleep where de Soto and Lafayette camped . Mix with the races of the
Americas Here there are no bars  ,no restaurants ,and in some places little law
My friend Jason  has two large field tents he is converting into a  makeshift
 bar ,
His brother Tiny has found two stout country gals(lookers)  to go  down an
pour the drinks and entertain the men at night to keep em as he  says 'From
getting lonely"
He wanted to know if I knew any fiddle players who wanted to go  .
I told him I would work on it but cautioned him that  it was going  to cost
an arm and a leg just to get the hootch down and delivered there e as  all the
bridges were out
With that  he pulled back a blanket on the truck and showed me a  couple of
cases of “shine”
"were working on a trailer load of this stuff ,and you can use it to run
your compressor on if there is no gas ..." he said with a twinkle
A tent city is forming off  gulf port,and by all accounts it’s  a Hooverville
 of all sorts  of   twenty something's ,
adventures ,day labors ,bikers , slap jack carpenters, road gangs , guys
with equipment guys with compressors ,field kitchens ,whores , home made bars
and even a barbers tent. I asked in jest if I could get a tooth pulled  and my
friend said "yeah , I think at the  bar tent".
If I wore a younger mans clothes I would go in a heart  beat ,but Peanut
wouldn't hear of it  and the Mrs has already threatened to  have my bags at the
door If I try any shenanigans
I  have to go there in a week so I will know more then  Mon...