Fire and flood just seem to go together.  Johhnstown, East Grand
Forks, others that don't as easily come to mind.

Watching Katrina steam toward New Orleans on the news produced a
feeling a lot like watching news coverage of the smoke flowing out of
the World Trade Center.  No words for the feeling and the words no
more than, "this is going to be bad."  What a strange people in a
strange land we are.  For all the abstractions of rights, laws and
shared culture, in the end it comes down to some very simple stuff.
Fire and flood.  My people.  My land.