From: "Loy Pressley" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 10:37 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] CD-R Readable Between Computers

Hello,

I have a friend who got a virus on a laptop.  In the process of getting
rid of the virus, they formatted drive C: updated to WinXP, and reloaded
all the software.  All went well and all the software loaded is
operating.  The laptop, however, had some free programs downloaded from
the Internet that could not be reloaded because there was no disk to
reload from.  The laptop no longer has a modem installed.

I copied the software that was missing on the laptop from the Internet
to my computer, burned them to a CD-R, and attempted to install them on
the restored laptop.  The laptop will not read the CD-R that I burned.
It shows only two UDF files on the CD-R -- not the files that I burned
to it.

I burned the CD-R using Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator Ver. 6. and I
elected, when the data disk was ejected, to made the CD-R readable on
other computers.

How can I get the laptop to properly read the CD-R that I've created on
my system so that I can install the software on the laptop?.

My system is WinME with Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator Ver. 6.  The
laptop has WinXP Home with no other apparent, dedicated CD or DVD
software.  The laptop does, however, read and write CDs because the
owner is writing and reading files from Microsoft Word to a CD drive in
the laptop.

I hope I've made the problem clear.  I'll be happy to supply additional
information.

I would greatly appreciate any help in solving this problem.

Thanks...

Loy

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!