On my XP desktop, when I go to Network Connections, the third item under
Network Tasks is "Change Windows Firewall Settings".

  It's not strictly necessary to disable one in order to run the other.
Running more than one will slightly slow down your network traffic, and it
may be harder to troubleshoot if one of them blocks traffic you need to
allow.  But there isn't the same scope for pathological interaction and
collision that can happen trying to run multiple antivirus packages at once.

David Gillett

On 27 Aug 2005 at 12:08, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> My niece has Win XP and would like to install Zone Alarm.
> We know that there is a built in fire wall in XP.  Does she
> need to disable the XP fire wall and , and if so, how do we
> do that?
> Carol Hanson

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>