Carol's post(clipped)

<<< I got an odd report from it.  It said there was
one
item it couldn't remove, because another program was using it, but after that,
it
also said the scan was successful.>>>

The "another program" could be AVAST which will run in the background if you have the "resident protection" feature on. this is one of the many problems (usage of extra system resources is another major problem) in using multiple antispyware programs though very technically spybot is not an antispyware program.

i would suggest in future you "terminate" the "resident protection" feature in avast before you scan with spybot and enable the feature later.

<<< Do you think I still have a problem?  Is there a better scan I can do to try and
determine what Spybot was seeing?>>>

Since you have taken care of the more serious credit card problem perhaps the only thing for you to do now is to wait and see if your system behaves funnilly and run regular scans. other list members may give more suggestions.

<<< I got the
message that I had no modem. >>>

did you reboot prior to this after scan with spybot?.if so this could be one of those inexplicable "detection" problem which happens occasionaly under such circumstances.

FWIW and have a nice day----Venkat Viswanathan

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml