Windows XP and 2000. I think it is the same in 98 but it has been so
long that I really can't remember. Go to START. Go to PROGRAMS and then
ACCESSORIES. Under accessories select SYSTEM TOOLS. In XP select
SCHEDULED TASKS. Look for disk clean up in there and delete it. In 2000
and 98 look for MAINTENANCE WIZARD under system tools. Find disk clean
up and deselect it from doing scheduled cleaning. I think this is true
for 2000. If not then use the scheduled tasks option.

I hope this helps

Mick