Amen Ned Our God can heal but he is also a sovereign God.  And like you said He uses weakness to show his strength.  I do not mind being weak to show his strength.  When I get down it is not because of my sight but other things like my finances and such.  Although I know if I had sight with the same education and such I would have a good job.  But God can even rise above that, and get me an even higher job if he would chose to.
--
Christ is either Lord of all or he is not Lord at all.
Karen Carter '74