I've talked with the woman who has the implant.  She's so happy with it, and she's positive that it will do wonders for me.  So I've decided that, unless the Lord stops me, I'm going to take the plunge.  I'm not sure if the doctor will do one or both ears together.  This afternoon while my sister and I were waiting for her car to get worked on, she spelled some words onto my alphabet glove, and I said the correct letters she was pointing to, so I'm learning an alternative way of communicating.  But hopefuly things will be better.

Sharon