> 1. when i go to design view in forms in ms access 2000, and i use the alt
key, then control tab. the control wizards button is
> pressed. i cannot activate
> the wizards, like a command button. it just puts it on by default. the
wizard does not activate. so cannot create a button using > the wizard. i
have to
> drag, then double click. tried this with jaws, but did not work.
> so how do i do this via code to land on a control, then it activate the
first page of the wizard?

Marvin,

Here is what I think you are trying to do: You are in Access. You are
putting focus on the menu bar (Alt), moving focus to a toolbar (Ctrl Tab),
and activating the first button on the toolbar. Are you pressing Enter to
activate the button? Because if you are using spacebar, that may be the
problem. In Office, there are many exceptions to the rule that spacebar is
the equivalent of clicking on a button that has keyboard focus. This may be
one of them. Try activating the button by pressing the Enter key.

If you cannot get the button to activate, know that there is probably
another way to trigger the command. In Office, there is almost always two or
three other ways. But I do not have Access loaded on any of my PCs, so I
cannot check!

> 2. when i go to customise in tools in ms office 2000.
> i want to create a menu, and add menu items, and buttons on the toolbar
with like drop down combo boxes what you get on
> the standard tools in office.
> so when i say use the down arrow key  go to say macros i wanted to create,
and add button, to that menu , and then put it on
> the toolbar.
> there is no keyboard shortcut to go to the edit option.

If you trying to create menus and toolbars, and add commands to menus and
toolbars, good luck! Accessibility is almost completely broken in this
aspect of Office. I have been doing Office customizations for eight years,
and I have yet to find a way to perform many straightforward customization
tasks without a pointing device or MouseKeys. Screen readers -- Jaws
anyways -- cannot detect a lot of screen objects that make these kinds of
customization possible. In this case, silence is definitely NOT golden!

Fortunately, screen reader users can create hotkeys for commands or macros
(and styles, fonts, symbols, and more) through Tools > Customize > Keyboard.
But for custom menus and toolbars, you will likely need assistance.

The Visual Basic editor is fairly accessible, and last year at CSUN I met a
screen reader user who crafts Word commands in Visual Basic for Applications
(VBA). (VBA is a programming environment built into Word, Excel, Outlook,
PowerPoint, and Access.)

> 3. in ms excel 2000, when i use the text to collumns wizard, to use this
option, in the wizard , there is no keyboard shortcut to  > split the data
into collumsn,
> while in this wizard. only able to do this after the wizard has finished,
which  is a pain to do.
> so how do i do this  via code?
> please e-mail me off list for any code snippets, or any other suggestions.

I just tested the text to columns wizard using Jaws 4.51. Sorry to report
that it is an accessibility nightmare. Labels that appear to be
programmatically associated with fields and controls are not. I tried
trawling the wizard screens using the Jaws cursor, but gave up. It may be
that the only way for a screen reader user to use the wizard is to memorize
a series of keystrokes without being able to extract the keystrokes from the
application. (The wizard is keyboard accessible, but not Jaws accessible.)

Alan