** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

I disagree with the fact that Mr Jallow did not violate any of the rules for this discussion list. Rule #3 was woefully violated by Mr Jallow by personally accusing Mr Amegashie of unilaterally acting on behalf of the Association to cause the publication of an article in the Madison Times, which is totally unfounded because Mr Jallow never substantiated that accusation.

This act is tantamount to removal of such individual from the list after an "unfriendly" reminder has been sent to him/her.

I offered a "friendly" reminder to Mr Jallow but he did not see any merit in it.

These have legal connotations which need to be addressed.

We have had a similar situation on this list, where Mr Nathaniel "Conduit" Hartwell made an unfounded allegation against Mr Peter Munoz for removing or blocking him from the list though Mr Munoz had no moderation privileges on the list. This act resulted in the removal of Conduit from the list.

I don't believe anyone has been censored or reprimanded for opinions shared on the list. After all rules of the list encourage diverse ideas for discussion. What it abhors are personal attacks.

I do not also think that the removal of an individual due to violations of the rules of the list should be opened for public discussion for consensus  before such action could be effected. What then will be the use and role of the postmasters or moderators of which I am not one of them.

See you all at the festival.

Joe Brewoo

Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, visit: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/aam.html AAM Website: http://www.africanassociation.org ----------------------------------------------------------------------------