A week or two ago, my dell dimension 8200 gave me a blue screen error while trying to download files.  Since then, it won't boot up properly.  If I try safe mode, the screen displays a list of file names (apparently mostly drivers) and locks up.  If I try to start up normally or use the "last known good settings", it shows the windows xp screen and appears to freeze.  When I try to reinstall windows xp, the screen says its examining drive 0 at id 0 or something like that and appears to freeze.  From calling dell tech support, I got the impression that my computer has probably been infected with a virus that may be causing the system to slow down.  Any suggestions on what to do?  Is there any way to remotely remove a virus?  Dell has suggested calling microsoft for help since windows seems to be the problem.
PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download visit our download web page at: http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml