The Computer Lady recommended that I get in touch with you.

Don't ask me how, but I have managed to totally wipe-out my CD-ROM drive and my rewrite drive.

When I click on "My Computer", only my C drive and A drive appear.

Can someone please tell me how do I get back my CD drives?  And preferably without losing all the information that is currently on my computer.  When my husband surprised me with this computer (Compaq Presario), it can with WinME.  Last fall I upgraded to WinXP Home.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.  By the way, I am NOT computer smart (obvisiously, since I managed to wipe out my CD drive), so any help offered needs to be in "English", and not "computer".

Thank you-  Peggy Plankis  [log in to unmask]

GOD BLESS THE USA  *  PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS

From ‘will you?’ to ‘I do,’ MSN Life Events is your resource for Getting Married. PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download visit our download web page at: http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml