Installed a PCI modem on a XP Pro machine and when New Hardware Found came up it said found "PCI Simple Communications Controller". Would not install, went to Device Manager, uninstalled the unknown. I removed and used a different modem, same thing happened. I've installed many modems before without any problems. Why does it come up PCI Simple Communications Controller when it's a modem? Both were working modems when removed from previous XP machines.
Any suggestions,
Jim Dirksen

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml