Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with community members using a university library's accessible equipment?  Our university's Disabled Students Services (DSS) is creating a center in the library with a number of accessible workstations.  DSS trains our students with disabilities to use the equipment, but our library is also open to the general public and DSS is not responsible for those users.  DSS is also not located in our library and not open the same amount of hours as the library, so it's kind of difficult to get someone from there to help out.  I am the library's liaison to DSS and I have some limited training in using the equipment but I have nowhere near the kind of experience necessary to help out someone who has never used the equipment before.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Rob Sage
Reference/Instruction Librarian
Pollak Library 106
California State University, Fullerton