I have win 98 and when I click the start button, there has always been an
"Open/Create new word document" selection.  For some time that selection
hasn't shown up and I've been selecting an old document and "saving as" to
create new word documents.  Does anyone know how I can get that selection
back or an icon to choose from toolbar.

I had some difficulties a few months ago and had to reinstall some software
and I believe it was around that time.  Nothing else is wrong.

Thanks, Carol Ann