I think I've mentioned this good reference site before, but here goes again.

If you want a quick lesson of why antenna A may or may not be more desirable than antenna B, go to www.cebik.com, and choose the Tales and Technicals link. There, you will find hundreds of links to information and theory of operation for almost any type of hf or vhf antenna you ever heard of.

Some of the links, especially those which deal with various antenna modeling programs, include a lot of graffics. But, there's enough text in most of them to give a blind ham enough information to determine whether or not we wish to consider a particular antenna design.

Near the bottom of the Tales and Technicals page you will find a page containing links to almost every commercial antenna, tower, and related accessory manufacturer in existance.

Mr. Cebik updates the site often.

The gentleman who was asking about short multi-band wire antennas earlier this week should go there and read about the dipoles which are either 44 or 88 feet in total length, depending on whether or not you want to operate on 80 meters, or just 40 and above.

73,

Mike Duke, K5XU